Friday, June 25, 2010

part 1 - Gravity Pirates

yunno, I told myself I wouldn't make my blog into another one of thoes "let's talk about records" blogs.

oh well.

Gravity Pirates - This Way To The Cargo Cult - Survival Records

Found this one at my record spot, in the 12" singles section [my favorite place in this world].

The Gravity Pirates were an Australian Post-Punk I'd that sound somewhere between Joy Division and The Cure maybe?, I've had a hard time tracking down much information concerning this band. Fortunately, the best source of information happened to come in the form of a bio sheet inserted into the EP. The band was formerly known as VDU or the VDU's, or the V.D. Youse [it's a bit confusing here], and according to this sheet Expossure Of My Senses was released on Thirsty Ear in the USA, "scream oz 2". I don't know what that means...but I do like tape warbled vocals.
It's a pretty good EP - I'll be a bit sad if I have to let it go.




Oh....the name Gravity Pirates comes from Flash Gordon comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment