Tuesday, June 15, 2010

nothing important happened today.

























maan.
lets see... a day or two after my last post, bought a Mackie 24x8x2 console on damn near a whim, just after picking up a lovely Korg DW-8000 from a local ebay auction. five goddamn hours in a car getting there, 35 minutes with hitchikers, three hours in Iowa searching for a record store and Red Lobster to celebrate, five hours back. Thirteen hours in a car with my ex, no drama.

got back, had less than 4 hours to sleep and pack for a festival, then worked five 12 hour godddamn shifts in a fucking row on no more than 4 hours of sleep each night. the trick is to get "so high you might die". too blowed to have a panic attack -so high you can't find shit to talk about except funnel cakes and twangin' sticks. then somebody throws on Ministry - N.W.O and you suddenly realize drum and bass sounds suspiciously like some shit you're embarrassed to admit you listened to back in high school, and you're faded something astronomical, yet still you don't care. It was actually a pretty great weekend. I've gotta devise a way to find the women I meet on shift after I get off of work, which is my only regret.




Aight. fast forward past the weekend, find out I won an S5000 and MPD32 with the money I got from selling the MPC [forgot to mention that], then, finally, after 8 long years, I got my copy of Love - Out Here LP with a jackpot of dollar techno records and $1 dollar new age records.
spent the last of what I can afford on studio monitors, racking, stands, etc. it took every cent made since the beginning of this year, but i did it, and i don't regret it.






bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment