Friday, June 25, 2010

part two - Long Time I Don't Smoke No Herb

Again, the record spot, 12" maxi singles.

Spliff Group / Blue Boy - I Am A Rasta Man / Long Time I Don't Smoke No Herb - B&B Records
Arr. & Prod. by: Barrington Birthwaite
Side one. not interesting.








Side 2 is different



I'm sure it's not hard for you to figure out what a song called Long Time I No Smoke No Herb is about. hittin' up the "cutta man" to sell him good sensimilla,he don't smoke no bullshit, good sensi allows him to meditate fuller on Jah, herb is the healing of the nation, smoke in the morning, smoke in the evening, and how he loves Jah plusrandom tape edits [kung-fu sounds, organs, guitars, blips, voice]that echo the fuck out.


This was the first dub record I ever bought, and also the first time I noticed tight little tape edits in, simiar to what would become so popular in electro dubs and bonus beats in the 80's.

I'm no expert when it comes to dub. This record was a pleasant suprise though.

No comments:

Post a Comment